Tuesday, September 10, 2019

First wristwatch ( 1981)

I was 15 years old when my dad bought me my first wristwatch. Strange that we really remember anything but the first of anything...hahhahahaha
I was at the back of the house just playing with our chicken, rather feeding them at the same time when dad called me. I knew that day was my birthday and my dad will always greet me -happy birthday.
that day was special , a wristwatch ...wow. I was told that i may need it since i am facing my second government school exams, it was called Lower School Certificate(LCE) but have been rebrand to PT3. Most 15 year old in Malaysia will be facing this exam.
Dad told me that i can just glance at the wristwatch instead of looking at the wall clock inside the examination hall....
The watch was all metallic and was a Seiko brand. Must have cost dad a fortune then, with his take home salary of just enough to get by. 
I just couldn't remember how long i had it with me, not that i don't appreciate it just that it serves the purpose only during that exams. My activities then was pretty rough and outdoor plus a fair amount of time inside the river playing with our outboard engine zooming up and down the mighty Rejang river.

No comments:

Post a Comment